Vision-Aid’s overall mission is to enable, educate, and empower people with vision impairment. Part of that commitment includes connecting their community to the expanding possibilities of the digital world. Vision-Aid has built a wide variety of training for its students. Classes are available both in-person and online through Vision-Aid Academy.
- introduction to computers;
- computer applications; and
- assistive technologies for people with vision impairment.
- Microsoft Office (including advanced Excel training);
- specialized software applications; and
- mobile technologies.
- Python (Coursera certificate available); and
- Digital Accessibility (Deque University Certificate available).
Students can participate regardless of financial circumstances. Willing students have access to equipment and expert volunteers. Advanced students can develop their skills through additional projects. Real-world experience is available through Vision-Aid’s new Digital Accessibility Testing and Training Center.
The confidence gained from this experience has led to industry jobs. Vision-Aid’s hope is to continue building students’ confidence through more projects. I sincerely hope for Vision-Aid’s continued success. You can read more about Vision-Aid’s programs via its new brochure, “Vision-Aid at a Glance” or via the Vision-Aid Website.