I will soon present part of my AI-Driven Web Text Simplification research.
- is “Creating Simple Web Text for People with ID to Train AI;”
- will be at the CSUN Assistive Technology Conference, the largest such conference in the world; and
- will focus on a pilot study my partners and I recently completed.
We tested if people with intellectual disabilities understand Web text simplified with plain-language standards. (Spoiler: They do!)
We are operationalizing plain-language standards essentially to develop:
- a reliable, easy-to-use method for human editors to create simple text; and
- algorithms for AI to recognize and to create simple text.