Wouldn’t it be great to be guided to your airport gate?
I am building a Massachusetts partnership to develop a technology-based wayfinding (indoor navigation) solution that works for everyone, including people with disabilities. For the Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force of the Worldwide Web Consortium, I have been developing international wayfinding guidelines focused on people with cognitive disabilities. For years, I have been building a collection of technology-driven wayfinding efforts. I anticipate testing these technologies, perhaps on the Boston subway system and/or Logan Airport, by people with physical and/or cognitive disabilities.
Possible Partners as of December 2018
I have enlisted the support of senior leadership for the following.
Independent Living Centers
- Boston Center for Independent Living
- Independence Associates
- Metrowest Center for Independent Living
Massachusetts State Government Agencies
- Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
- Massachusetts Developmental Disabilities Council
- Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission
State and International Nonprofits
- Easter Seals of Massachusetts
- Institute for Human Centered Design
- Cognitive and Learning Disabilities Accessibility Task Force, Worldwide Web Consortium
Interested in contributing? Please see my faculty profile for contact info.