Two upcoming- and two recent conferences are listed below along with their related topics and presenters.
- October 21, 2010 – Westminster, Colorado, U.S.
- Forty Years after PARC v The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: Is there a right to technology access? – Gilhool, Thomas
- A Partnership for Technology to Improve Quality of Life – Pietrangelo, Renee
- Accessible TeleMEd and eHealth Strategies for People with Cognitive Disabilities – O’Hara, David
- Technologies to Improve Quality of Life for People with Cognitive Disabilities – Kautz, Henry
- Developing an Accessible National Information Infrastructure for People with Cognitive Disabilities – Coleman, Bill
- September 21, 2010 – London, England
- “The unconference will have a motor impairment theme … ” but “… will also consider cognitive impairments and the wider-disability population.”
- July 14 to 16, 2010 – Vienna, Austria
- Track IV, Session C: People with Specific Learning and Cognitive Problems: ICT, AT and HCI
- Developing a Multimedia Environment to Aid in Vocalization for People on the Autism Spectrum: A User-Centered Design Approach – Al-Wabil, Areej
- EasyICT: a Framework for Measuring ICT -Skills of People with Cognitive Disabilities – Dekelver, Jan
- Involving users in the design of ICT aimed to improve education, work, and leisure for users with intellectual disabilities – Gutiérrez y Restrepo, Emmanuelle
- Methodological Considerations for Involving SpLD Practitioners in the Design of Interactive Learning Systems – Karim, Latifa
- PDA software aimed at improving workplace adaptation for people with cognitive disabilities – Ferreras, Alberto
- The Performance of Mouse Proficiency for Adolescents with Intellectual Disabilities – Wu, Ting-Fang
- Towards an Interactive Screening Program for Developmental Dyslexia: Eye Movement Analysis in Reading Arabic Texts – Al-Wabil, Areej
- When Words Fall Short: Helping People with Aphasia to Express – Al Mahmud, Abdullah
- Track IV, Session D: Easy – to – Web
- Adaptive Reading: A Design of Reading Browser with Dynamic Alternative Text Multimedia Dictionaries for the Text Reading Difficulty Readers – Chu, Chi Nung
- Easy-to-web search for people with learning disabilities as part of an integrated conception of cognitive web accessibility – Erle, Markus
- EasyWeb – A Study How People with Specific Learning Difficulties Can Be Supported on Using the Internet – Matausch, Kerstin
- In-Folio: An Open Source Portfolio for students with learning disabilities – Ball, Simon
- Supporting the web experience of young people with learning disabilities – Weber, Harald
- The need for Easy-to-Read information on web sites – Bohman, Ulla
Annual Conference of The American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- June 9, 2010 – Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.
- Making Your Information Available to People with ID by Building Accessible Websites – Taylor, Lynne
Know of another such conference? Please post a comment.